-
gaim install???
first of all, I'm looking at a list of gaim versions at http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php and I'm wondering which one to d/l for use with knoppix. second, to install something like this, can I use the disk OS, or do I have to do a HDD install?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well GAIM is already on the cd.
But if you had to install it use apt.
Code:
apt-get install gaim
Oh and no you can't install it to the live cd as it is a read-only disc. There is klik however that provides some level of functionality for installing *some* while booted to live cd.
-
thanks
thanks a lot, I had no idea 
I hope you enter that code into the console, because that's what I'm about to do.
Similar Threads
-
By Snow in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By pete1968 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By hardware_bum in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:13 AM
-
By crix in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
-
By pi-sics in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$225.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 18 Core 2.3 GHz 45MB SR1XD LGA 2011-3 B Grade
$15.95

NEW HP Z4 G4 Workstation Xeon W-2123 16GB ECC 256GB NVMe NVIDIA T400 750W Win11
$450.00

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99