-
gaim install???
first of all, I'm looking at a list of gaim versions at http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php and I'm wondering which one to d/l for use with knoppix. second, to install something like this, can I use the disk OS, or do I have to do a HDD install?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well GAIM is already on the cd.
But if you had to install it use apt.
Code:
apt-get install gaim
Oh and no you can't install it to the live cd as it is a read-only disc. There is klik however that provides some level of functionality for installing *some* while booted to live cd.
-
thanks
thanks a lot, I had no idea 
I hope you enter that code into the console, because that's what I'm about to do.
Similar Threads
-
By Snow in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By pete1968 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By hardware_bum in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:13 AM
-
By crix in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
-
By pi-sics in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Northgate OmniKey 102 Mechanical Keyboard w Cable PC Untested
$169.99

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage NEC Versa V/50 Notebook Computer with UNTESTED as/is
$29.99

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Vintage VGA Ultra II Tseng ET4000 1MB ISA SVGA Graphics Card DOS 386 486 Retro
$100.00

VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

HP 5060-8359 8K solid state semiconducter memory HP 2100/1000 Vintage 1974
$135.36