-
gaim install???
first of all, I'm looking at a list of gaim versions at http://gaim.sourceforge.net/downloads.php and I'm wondering which one to d/l for use with knoppix. second, to install something like this, can I use the disk OS, or do I have to do a HDD install?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well GAIM is already on the cd.
But if you had to install it use apt.
Code:
apt-get install gaim
Oh and no you can't install it to the live cd as it is a read-only disc. There is klik however that provides some level of functionality for installing *some* while booted to live cd.
-
thanks
thanks a lot, I had no idea 
I hope you enter that code into the console, because that's what I'm about to do.
Similar Threads
-
By Snow in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By pete1968 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By hardware_bum in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 04:13 AM
-
By crix in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 11:52 AM
-
By pi-sics in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 08:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00