Quote Originally Posted by ahfoo
In my experience, the "Out of Range" issue is fairly common if you don't specify both the xmodule and the maximum screen resolution with the latter being the most important and the fomer making the latter unnecessary when you get it right.
Luckily, the xmodules listed on the cheat sheet are quite limited and self-explanatory.
I've generally had the Out of Range problem disappear by setting screen=1024x768. But if you don't set the right xmodule and your card is a 3D card, you won't get openGL working in games like Legacy Doom. You are playing Legacy Doom on an openGL 3D card, aren't you?
I did a hdd install from knoppix.I have a i845 intel graphics chipset and Mitsubishi NX86LDC display.
Nope Im not playing any games like Legacy DOOM.Whenever I start my computer it always gives me this "Out of Range".I tried scree=1024X768 but the problem still remains.