Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Getting wget/apt-get to use a proxy?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10

    Getting wget/apt-get to use a proxy?

    I'm using Knoppix 3.4 05-17 (HD Installed), on a networked computer. My main computer shares internet to the linux computer using a proxy. I can set the web browsers in knoppix to use the proxy, but I wanted to use apt-get update, and I need to tell it to use my proxy settings. Same thing with wget. I was going to use the klik "point-and-klik" software store. And running "wget klik.berlios.de/client/install -O -|sh" fails because I need to be able to tell it to use my proxy. Is there a way I can globally set it up so everything can use my HTTP and FTP proxy?

    btw, my proxy settings are:
    HTTP: 192.168.0.1:8080
    FTP: 192.168.0.1:21
    (no user or pass)

    Figured I'd mention the addresses so it'd be easier to tell me exactly what to do. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    10
    man... i am just figuring out everything for myself, aren't i?

    lol, i figured it out, after *much* searching... and I thought I might as well post my solution so these forums are a wealth of good information!

    I added:
    export http_proxy=http://192.168.0.1:8080/
    export ftp_proxy=$http_proxy

    to the end of my /ect/profile

    the last "/" after the address is important, so if you use it to fill in your own proxy address, keep it!

    hope someone finds this useful!

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900
    wget also has a configuraion file called /etc/wgetrc where you can add this same info. Glad you got it working.

Similar Threads

  1. apt-get & proxy
    By Kreator in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
  2. Proxy Drucker etc. in ISO
    By unterzahl in forum German Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
  3. Proxy Authentication
    By bigfr0g in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
  4. wget from behind a firewall
    By bamarob in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 06:47 PM
  5. wget <url> how does this work??
    By urpk in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK picture

SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK

$169.95



SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory picture

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory

$159.98



Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total picture

Hynix & Samsun (Lot Of 36) 4GB 2Rx8 PC3L-10600R DDR3 Server Memory 144GB Total

$120.00



Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW picture

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW

$1.39



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY picture

MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G9E2 MICRON 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2933Y MEMORY

$229.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM picture

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM

$9599.00



24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC picture

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC

$349.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$202.50