-
Junior Member
registered user
Getting wget/apt-get to use a proxy?
I'm using Knoppix 3.4 05-17 (HD Installed), on a networked computer. My main computer shares internet to the linux computer using a proxy. I can set the web browsers in knoppix to use the proxy, but I wanted to use apt-get update, and I need to tell it to use my proxy settings. Same thing with wget. I was going to use the klik "point-and-klik" software store. And running "wget klik.berlios.de/client/install -O -|sh" fails because I need to be able to tell it to use my proxy. Is there a way I can globally set it up so everything can use my HTTP and FTP proxy?
btw, my proxy settings are:
HTTP: 192.168.0.1:8080
FTP: 192.168.0.1:21
(no user or pass)
Figured I'd mention the addresses so it'd be easier to tell me exactly what to do. Thanks!
-
Junior Member
registered user
man... i am just figuring out everything for myself, aren't i?
lol, i figured it out, after *much* searching... and I thought I might as well post my solution so these forums are a wealth of good information!
I added:
export http_proxy=http://192.168.0.1:8080/
export ftp_proxy=$http_proxy
to the end of my /ect/profile
the last "/" after the address is important, so if you use it to fill in your own proxy address, keep it!
hope someone finds this useful!
-
Senior Member
registered user
wget also has a configuraion file called /etc/wgetrc where you can add this same info. Glad you got it working.
Similar Threads
-
By Kreator in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
-
By unterzahl in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
-
By bigfr0g in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
-
By bamarob in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 06:47 PM
-
By urpk in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99