-
Junior Member
registered user
Getting wget/apt-get to use a proxy?
I'm using Knoppix 3.4 05-17 (HD Installed), on a networked computer. My main computer shares internet to the linux computer using a proxy. I can set the web browsers in knoppix to use the proxy, but I wanted to use apt-get update, and I need to tell it to use my proxy settings. Same thing with wget. I was going to use the klik "point-and-klik" software store. And running "wget klik.berlios.de/client/install -O -|sh" fails because I need to be able to tell it to use my proxy. Is there a way I can globally set it up so everything can use my HTTP and FTP proxy?
btw, my proxy settings are:
HTTP: 192.168.0.1:8080
FTP: 192.168.0.1:21
(no user or pass)
Figured I'd mention the addresses so it'd be easier to tell me exactly what to do. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Kreator in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-06-2006, 09:42 AM
-
By unterzahl in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
-
By bigfr0g in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 08:32 AM
-
By bamarob in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 06:47 PM
-
By urpk in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99