-
Junior Member
registered user
Cant get proper screen display ! Please help
Can anyone help with this one ?
I've installed Knoppix 3.1 to a new hard drive, with primary and swap partitions.
However on rebooting my system can't boot directly from H/D but can using the boot floppy disk created during the setup procedure.
Also I cannot get a decent screen display now using the 'fb800x600 command'.
The Knoppix bootup screen seems to have separated into three(3) screens which are totally unreadable and even when I manage to login the display I can just about make out appears to be in German.
I've tried resetting my boot sequence in the bios but no difference.
Should I be using the boot floppy at all, as I thought the system files should be read from the new hard drive.
Should I be using a particular command at the boot prompt to get the hard drive to mount or am I just missing something critical here ?
Any help gratefully received for this newbie to Linux.
Thanks
Alex
Similar Threads
-
By Ark in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-16-2004, 08:46 AM
-
By WirelessTechRadio in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:28 PM
-
By Tets in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
-
By bigd652 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 07:27 PM
-
By Alex1 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

AMS VENUS T5C Mini DS-2250C 5-Bay 2.5” SATA RAID USB 3.0 eSATA
$129.99

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99