Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: slow startup times

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    23

    slow startup times

    I installed knoppix recently and I have a problem which I can't identify.
    Some of the programs I open takes about 3 minutes to open and some
    open right away. For example, konqueror opens in a heartbeat while
    kwrite or kview takes forever (3 minutes). Also, opening superkaramba
    takes a second, but when trying to open the file dialog to select a theme
    you wait a long time. Sometimes even the "Start" menu makes you
    wait several minutes.

    When starting these programs through konsole showed no errors.


    Someone has an idea about this issue?
    thank you./

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    23
    ahhh,

    wrong forum. please ignore (unless you know the answer).

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    900

    Re: slow startup times

    Quote Originally Posted by sharlila
    I installed knoppix recently and I have a problem which I can't identify.
    Some of the programs I open takes about 3 minutes to open and some
    open right away. For example, konqueror opens in a heartbeat while
    kwrite or kview takes forever (3 minutes). Also, opening superkaramba
    takes a second, but when trying to open the file dialog to select a theme
    you wait a long time. Sometimes even the "Start" menu makes you
    wait several minutes.

    When starting these programs through konsole showed no errors.


    Someone has an idea about this issue?
    thank you./
    Well KDE's just that slow. Ok ok maybe not THAT slow..... Run top or TKPS and find out perhaps something is eating system resources.

Similar Threads

  1. use the same remaster multile times??
    By mithereal in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 08:40 AM
  2. Slow startup times
    By sharlila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 02:56 PM
  3. HELP PLEASE..BURNED KNOPPIX A FEW TIMES..WASTED A FEW CDS
    By behnood in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 05:17 AM
  4. X startup very slow
    By m_yates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2004, 05:21 AM
  5. Knoppix 3.2 - KDE very slow on startup
    By ool in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$345.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer picture

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer

$2550.00



Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$245.00



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00