ahhh,
wrong forum. please ignore (unless you know the answer).
I installed knoppix recently and I have a problem which I can't identify.
Some of the programs I open takes about 3 minutes to open and some
open right away. For example, konqueror opens in a heartbeat while
kwrite or kview takes forever (3 minutes). Also, opening superkaramba
takes a second, but when trying to open the file dialog to select a theme
you wait a long time. Sometimes even the "Start"menu makes you
wait several minutes.
When starting these programs through konsole showed no errors.
Someone has an idea about this issue?
thank you./
ahhh,
wrong forum. please ignore (unless you know the answer).
Well KDE's just that slow.Originally Posted by sharlila
Ok ok maybe not THAT slow..... Run top or TKPS and find out perhaps something is eating system resources.

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$51.99
Toshiba 2TB 7200RPM SATA 3.5" Internal HDD - DT01ACA200
$29.99