thanks,I don't know how I missed that, cause I did remember something
like 'sis900', I probably need to increase the font size.
But anyways, I've checked the '/etc/modules' file and 'sis900'
appears there so that is not the problem![]()
You will get a list of network driver modules with (as root):
modprobe -l | grep "drivers/net"
In your system the sis900 module is the network driver.
thanks,I don't know how I missed that, cause I did remember something
like 'sis900', I probably need to increase the font size.
But anyways, I've checked the '/etc/modules' file and 'sis900'
appears there so that is not the problem![]()
Hmmm... sorry, I don't really know what else it could be. Maybe your harddrive or your filesystem is defect?? Try to make a file system check. You have to boot with the CD to be able to check your root file system.
well, it just seems unlikely to be true, since it happens only
in these programs (kde apps) and not others.
Not going to be much help but /dev/eth0 is not your winmodem. My winmodem is not detected until I install a driver (I use ltmodem...but you can't just use the .deb pkg, post if you want a howto) then it is /dev/modem which is a link to /dev/ttyLT0.Originally Posted by kuser123
Try going to /usr/bin & starting the executeable file directly, see if it starts any faster. Might give an indication where the problem is.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor
$360.00
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake 8-Core, 16-Thread, 3.6 GHz (LGA 1151)
$189.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-CORE 16-THREAD 4.2 GHz (5.0 GHz Max Boost) AM5 UNLOCKED
$300.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
Intel Core i9-9900 SRG18 3.10GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$177.21
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98