thanks,I don't know how I missed that, cause I did remember something
like 'sis900', I probably need to increase the font size.
But anyways, I've checked the '/etc/modules' file and 'sis900'
appears there so that is not the problem![]()
You will get a list of network driver modules with (as root):
modprobe -l | grep "drivers/net"
In your system the sis900 module is the network driver.
thanks,I don't know how I missed that, cause I did remember something
like 'sis900', I probably need to increase the font size.
But anyways, I've checked the '/etc/modules' file and 'sis900'
appears there so that is not the problem![]()
Hmmm... sorry, I don't really know what else it could be. Maybe your harddrive or your filesystem is defect?? Try to make a file system check. You have to boot with the CD to be able to check your root file system.
well, it just seems unlikely to be true, since it happens only
in these programs (kde apps) and not others.
Not going to be much help but /dev/eth0 is not your winmodem. My winmodem is not detected until I install a driver (I use ltmodem...but you can't just use the .deb pkg, post if you want a howto) then it is /dev/modem which is a link to /dev/ttyLT0.Originally Posted by kuser123
Try going to /usr/bin & starting the executeable file directly, see if it starts any faster. Might give an indication where the problem is.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001
$99.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00