hi,
I just reinstalled knoppix to my HD to get rid of the cpp problems and that seems to be solved. Everything is working fine; tv-card, geforce + banshee + xinerama, usb stick, printer, even my scanner,... so far so good...me happy boy untill I wanted to install lirc.
Since I'm using kernel 2.6.5 I need to compile lirc from cvs source but while installing I get an error message telling me the kernel can't load modules and I need to rebuild my kernel...hm...never did that before. I started make config (I had to add a symbolic link somewhere to make this work) next I got a bunch of questions to hard to answer for me...so I control-c-ed to get rid of them.
So, my question: has somebody got lirc working on knoppix running kernel 2.6.5? And if so, can you please tell me how you did that? (many details plz...) I tried a lot of things...the debian packages aren't working (since they are older versions, not working with 2.6 kernels).
If I got this working windoz will be removed from my computer...so it's worth helping me :P
greetz,
F.

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 16gb (16x1) 3200mhz RAM
$119.99
G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00