-
Junior Member
registered user
knoppix 3.4 (kernel 2.6.5) + lirc
hi,
I just reinstalled knoppix to my HD to get rid of the cpp problems and that seems to be solved. Everything is working fine; tv-card, geforce + banshee + xinerama, usb stick, printer, even my scanner,... so far so good...me happy boy untill I wanted to install lirc.
Since I'm using kernel 2.6.5 I need to compile lirc from cvs source but while installing I get an error message telling me the kernel can't load modules and I need to rebuild my kernel...hm...never did that before. I started make config (I had to add a symbolic link somewhere to make this work) next I got a bunch of questions to hard to answer for me...so I control-c-ed to get rid of them.
So, my question: has somebody got lirc working on knoppix running kernel 2.6.5? And if so, can you please tell me how you did that? (many details plz...
) I tried a lot of things...the debian packages aren't working (since they are older versions, not working with 2.6 kernels).
If I got this working windoz will be removed from my computer...so it's worth helping me :P
greetz,
F.
Similar Threads
-
By kurtmagnus in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-10-2004, 01:16 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 04:21 PM
-
By Nigel_Tufnel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
-
By Woutervanhauwaert in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2003, 10:45 PM
-
By Chello in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 06:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ Plus 11” 128GB Android Tablet Graphite BRAND NEW SEALED.
$214.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99

Samsung Chromebook 11.6" Intel Celeron Chrome OS Gray (Charger Inc)
$22.00