I bet you have heard this question over a dozen times on this forum, but I'm realitivly new to Linux. When I shut down the computer for the night I save my configuration file (to mnt/hda1). When I go to boot Knoppix again (from CD) I input the codes to search for my config file
Code:knoppix myconf=/mnt/hda1
Now when I get into knoppix my config file has loaded an everything seems to be fine, but the desktop image I put on does not display, rather a silver gradient background in its place. To put it back in I have to go into the properties for my HD (FAT32, if that has somthing to do with it) and check off read only. But before I can change the background I also have to access my HD by using konqueror. Then my HD is mounted to read and write and I can change my desktop wallpaper back to what I had. My question is that can I declare all that in the begining of the boot sequence?

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13
$79.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Cores 8MB Up to 4.9GHz Desktop Processor 100-100000059WOF
$350.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.4GHz 36MB Cache AM4 926WOF
$177.00
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95