-
Sorry about the delay in replying, all I did was run the cd I didn't try the hd install. I have managed to get into dos and use fdisk to check the partitions. All seems ok with just the normal win98 bits there. The correct bit is active but it still won't boot up in anything but safe mode or the failsafe option on the knoppix cd. If it try the normal boot from the cd it runs fine until the line about the apm module it completes the line and then stops dead. The cursor doesn't even blink. With 98 it fires up ok until it gets to the win98 splash screen then after around 10-20secs it also freezes. As everything seems to begin to load ok I was wondering if an component had coincedently failed just as I tried the knoppix run the first time. I have now also tried Mandrake 9.1 this also loaded ok until it said second stage install at which point it also froze.
Similar Threads
-
By GaTk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-02-2005, 10:38 PM
-
By Shadda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 06:52 AM
-
By drews in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
-
By pvalley in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99