I know work is being done on some of the necessary stuff but the obnoxious community we have to deal with to find out the simplest things that unecessarily impede a noobee from getting what they aleady have working on Windows to just burp in linux is itself a great turnoff.
We must be reading different forums. Although some in the Linux community can be..."obnoxious" isn't the word I'd use...maybe arrogant...anyway, this board is the friendliest Linux board I've seen so far -- there's a strong desire to help, and precious little Microsoft or newbie bashing -- to the point where I've been very tempted to ask for help with other flavors of Linux, and even post Windows questions, here.

Please give us a venue on the Knoppix forum where we can share our sucesses and knowledge without the abuse.
I don't see any abuse happening here and never have. You seem to have a thinner skin than you think.