-
Don't think I can agree with knewbex.
I know work is being done on some of the necessary stuff but the obnoxious community we have to deal with to find out the simplest things that unecessarily impede a noobee from getting what they aleady have working on Windows to just burp in linux is itself a great turnoff.
I joined the forums today after trying a HD install for the last week. I posted a query on the HD Install forum and 10 mins later I had an answer in language a total newbie could understand.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11983
I quickly got a resolution to a problem I snuck in while thanking ghetto_blaster for help. He's (maybe she's) a legend.
Not bad to have these simple but irritating problems solved so quickly in plain non-geek language. The tips I've received today have helped me explore the intricaies of Knoppix and the more I see confirms it's the distro for me.
Similar Threads
-
By frantek in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By Lucia in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
-
By empanyc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
-
By ted_munga in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 50
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

LOT OF 10 - Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP
$69.99

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP Phone T85W
$153.99