Look gang, the poster has a very valid position. For the most part I agree with the responses. What I disagree with is that we should never ever tell someone to use the search function to find answers before asking us. Here's why I think this way. The number one problem with linux in general is that the hardware manufacturers don't typically provide linux drivers whenever they introduce a new product. They do provide same for windows. That causes installation problems and prevents having the uniform process that the poster is looking for. Now what would incourage the hardware folks to provide those drivers is a greater market size of linux users. You know what would create that don't you? That's right more linux users. Therefore it's in all of our best interests to do everything that we possibly can to encourage and generate new users. That means never turning noobies out with harsh treatment, and always bending over backwards to help them.