-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Knoppix for Windows Users

Originally Posted by
knewbex
Based on my observations of this forum set, I have a recommendation.
I suggest the administrators set up a Forum Tread in the index for Windows users wishing to learn more about linux in general and knoppix in particular. It should expressly state in the first message that Linux Geeks are NOT welcome. I have a gut feeling that the Windows community has as much technical savvy as those who somehow think linux knowledge places them on on a higher plane. I'm frankly tired of the arrogance of some of these folks when dealing with those of us trying to learn "their" system so we can become members of "their" community. We can fend for ourselves.
I know work is being done on some of the necessary stuff but the obnoxious community we have to deal with to find out the simplest things that unecessarily impede a noobee from getting what they aleady have working on Windows to just burp in linux is itself a great turnoff.
Please give us a venue on the Knoppix forum where we can share our sucesses and knowledge without the abuse.
You know, I was just thinking, if this is what you want, and you don't want to hear from any one here, then WTH are you here in the first place??? I mean, this isn't some corporate-sponsored forum - there are options. Please feel free to start whatever community you want, and you can flame Linux and Linux-folks to your heart's content, and the rest of the Windows users on your site can find your own answers. Just what exactly is it about this place that makes you want to be here? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you aren't welcome here or anything, but after re-reading your post, I can't think of one logical reason why this place would be necessary to your goals - you've already said that you don't want what it has to offer. So, maybe before you ask a bunch of people to scramble around to accommodate your desire to be isolated from this imagined fantasy of what you perceive this site to be, maybe you should reconsider whether this is the best place for you in the first place. There's no corporate sponsorship of this forum, as you're probably used to with Microsoft products, so no one here is going to lose any money or anything if you start your own site. I just looked at GoDaddy.com, and it turns out that "Knoppixsucks.com" is available for the asking. I say go for it, dude!
JD
Similar Threads
-
By frantek in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-18-2004, 12:18 AM
-
By Lucia in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 12:11 AM
-
By empanyc in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-01-2004, 10:23 AM
-
By ted_munga in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 50
Last Post: 11-09-2003, 09:03 PM
-
By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1985 443 3.5" 1MB Floppy Drive Assembly P/N 2227043.8001 Untested
$149.99

Apple Ethernet CS II Card BOX AND MANUAL ONLY- Vintage Network Interface
$59.99

Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45

Vintage TTXpress 1280 Portable Thermal Printer TRS-80 Model 100 Tandy 200 NEC
$99.99

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00

Microsoft Mouse 2.0 Vintage with PS/2 Connection with Original Box
$80.00

Intel, AMD, WE,ATT, M, CCCP,+ICs, Shadow box Vintage For The Collector. See Info
$250.00

LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99

Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88