After I type knoppix to boot from the cd, I get the following error messages and the computer hangs:
Initrd extends beyond end of memory
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount roots fs on 01:01
I currently have Windows XP installed.
After I type knoppix to boot from the cd, I get the following error messages and the computer hangs:
Initrd extends beyond end of memory
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount roots fs on 01:01
I currently have Windows XP installed.
This is from the doc section on this site - from the cheat codes (which specify different boot options).
"mem=128M
Specify Memory size in MByte, Some Boards apparently don't pass the proper memory size to the linux-kernel. It may cause the message "Panic cannot mount root file system" and the system hangs. Use "knoppix mem=128M" to solve that problem if your system has 128MByte memory for example (caution you MUST use a capital "M" here)."
So at the boot screen type:
"knoppix mem=(whatever_your_mem_is)M"
Please post back whether or not this fixes your problem. There may be other issues to consider, but this is a good start.
Thanks, but that didn't work.
Have you used this cd sucessfully on any other computers? Try running "testcd" at the bootup screen and see if it's a good disk. You might need to download the image again if it's corrupted. You could also try burning at a slower speed as some have said that this has fixed similar problems.

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99
Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99
Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00
Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00
Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99
Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module
$30.00
nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00