-
knoppix hangs during pcmcia config
I have orinoco gold card, an hp ze4400 series laptop, linksys wireless router. My hope is to use knoppix booted from the cd only to access the internet through wireless. The problem I'm having is that knoppix freezes up during the boot process when trying to load the pcmcia configuration for the orinoco card. However, I notice that on my friends sony vaio laptop there is no problems getting knoppix to work with the wireless internet and same orinoco card. Any ideas? I am not sure how to change the pcmcia configuration since I'm booting off of read-only cd-r media.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi. I am a novice with Linux, and so I have a lot of trouble...
Let's start from this one: i have the same problem; however, my PCMCIA card is a LAN card. It is a 3COM 3CXE589DC, and I am trying to use on a Toshiba Satellite 2520 CDS; when Knoppix (3.6) boots, the PCMCIA manager detects the card and then the system hangs.
The only way to boot is extracting the card from the slot; but, after the system has booted, re-inserting the card into the slot causes, again, the system to hang immediately.
Anyone can help me?
-

Originally Posted by
Nic MFP
Hi. I am a novice with Linux, and so I have a lot of trouble...
Let's start from this one: i have the same problem; however, my PCMCIA card is a LAN card. It is a 3COM 3CXE589DC, and I am trying to use on a Toshiba Satellite 2520 CDS; when Knoppix (3.6) boots, the PCMCIA manager detects the card and then the system hangs.
The only way to boot is extracting the card from the slot; but, after the system has booted, re-inserting the card into the slot causes, again, the system to hang immediately.
Anyone can help me?
My setup is doing the same thing. Dell 4000 Inspiron and Netgear 511t wireless card. Anyone have any suggestiions of a work around?
-
Junior Member
registered user
You guys should open a terminal window and see if any error messages occur when the cards are inserted. It'll help with diagnosing the problem
Similar Threads
-
By chiph in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
-
By AlBorland in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 09:40 AM
-
By repwatuso in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-29-2004, 08:47 PM
-
By mapezaid in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 08:19 PM
-
By amontefusco in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2400T-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$340.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00