Thanks. I also enjoyed reading the comments on this post:
http://lwn.net/Articles/89290/
I posted this post a while back about a 64 bit version of Knoppix. Today I saw a link at lxer.com which says that "the Debian AMD64 port is ready for inclusion in Sid." I can't find any more info on this, but this is good news for those with an AMD64 bit chip. If anyone can find anymore info on this, feel free to post it below as a help to others.
Adam
Thanks. I also enjoyed reading the comments on this post:
http://lwn.net/Articles/89290/
Downloads:
knoppix64 3.4 EN
http://ns31003.ovh.net/knoppix64/lat...2004-05-31.iso
knoppix 3.6 EN
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub...4-08-16-EN.iso
Donloaded using 802.11g wireless ORiNOCO 54 Mbs 2.4 Mhz in 57.01 minute with average download speed 209.38 KB/s after connecting to unknown wireless network apparently localy avail.
))))
It pays to try something new .... 4 times faster than on DSL !
Working towards making a regular release of the 64Bit Knoppix a reality.
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD
Personally, I recommend version 6.2 (there's no standard 64-bit edition AFAIK, but it works well on 64-bit machines anyway). That link is on kernel.org, best source I know in USA. If you want a torrent, click here or just peruse the mirror list to get your nearest source, then pick your preferred version from the list on that site.
Hope that helps!
Krishna![]()
Last edited by krishna.murphy; 06-10-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Vintage 1988 APPLE MACINTOSH “3 Stooges” 512K Romsimm AP1127-02 VERY RARE
$399.00
Apple Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model Apple IIe
$225.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Quadra 950 w/ Key - (FOR PARTS)
$199.90
Apple Macintosh SE Vintage Desktop Computer Model M5010 Apple Macintosh SE
$99.99
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$170.00
vintage Rainbow Apple Logo Mouse Pad-Sealed New
$59.00
Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$89.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00