Thanks. I also enjoyed reading the comments on this post:
http://lwn.net/Articles/89290/
I posted this post a while back about a 64 bit version of Knoppix. Today I saw a link at lxer.com which says that "the Debian AMD64 port is ready for inclusion in Sid." I can't find any more info on this, but this is good news for those with an AMD64 bit chip. If anyone can find anymore info on this, feel free to post it below as a help to others.
Adam
Thanks. I also enjoyed reading the comments on this post:
http://lwn.net/Articles/89290/
Downloads:
knoppix64 3.4 EN
http://ns31003.ovh.net/knoppix64/lat...2004-05-31.iso
knoppix 3.6 EN
http://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub...4-08-16-EN.iso
Donloaded using 802.11g wireless ORiNOCO 54 Mbs 2.4 Mhz in 57.01 minute with average download speed 209.38 KB/s after connecting to unknown wireless network apparently localy avail.
))))
It pays to try something new .... 4 times faster than on DSL !
Working towards making a regular release of the 64Bit Knoppix a reality.
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Debootst..._x86-64_LiveCD
Personally, I recommend version 6.2 (there's no standard 64-bit edition AFAIK, but it works well on 64-bit machines anyway). That link is on kernel.org, best source I know in USA. If you want a torrent, click here or just peruse the mirror list to get your nearest source, then pick your preferred version from the list on that site.
Hope that helps!
Krishna![]()
Last edited by krishna.murphy; 06-10-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" Touchscreen i7-1185G7 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L390 13.3” Touchscreen Laptop Core i3 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$199.99
Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 14" i7-1165G7 2.80GHz 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Windows 11
$284.99
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 5 Touch 14” Laptop Core i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$249.99
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 11e Gen 6 Laptop 11.6” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$169.99