You can install unrar w/apt-get. Add one of the following to /etc/apt/sources.list
http://apt-get.org/search.php?query=...arch%5B%5D=all
im pretty new to linux so i dont know some of the basics yet. i have some files that are in .rar and i want to extract them. arc dosent seem to do it. i have knoppix installed to my hd, is there a built in way to do it or do you know of a good prog to do it
thanks
You can install unrar w/apt-get. Add one of the following to /etc/apt/sources.list
http://apt-get.org/search.php?query=...arch%5B%5D=all
For Windows, I picked up 7-zip over at Sourceforge.net, that has tools to accommodate just about anything. I really like it, and I think it has a linux version as well (haven't needed it yet, so I haven't tried it).
JD

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Matched Pair _ Intel Xeon E5-2698 V4 2.2GHz 20-Core Processor CPU LGA2011 SR2JW
$94.99
AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99
Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor
$259.99
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$14.99
$18.00