Got itI was using knoppix 3.3 - i upgraded to knoppix 3.4 and wlcardconfig + pump got my wireless up and running perfectly
Looks like 3.4 is a massive improvement in a lot of areas - great work!
regards
DaveUK
Hi all,
A common problem I know...but I am having difficulty getting my wireless pcmia card detected/operational under Knoppix live cd (not installed to hd).
I have a: D-Link DWL-G650 802.11g CardBus card (http://www.dlink.com/products/?model=DWL-G650)
Knoppix doesn't seem to detect the card at all, ifconfig doesn't show it, and wlcardconfig says there are no wireless devices. The green lights on card do flash from time to time though...so there is life in there somewhere!
I have seen various drivers that say they can get this card working (http://team.vantronix.net/ar5k/ and also the madwifi project) - but my question is...can these make the card work under knoppix live cd? and has anyone out there got this card working correctly under knoppix? I really need this all working for a conference next week...so any help/advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!
regards
DaveUK
Got itI was using knoppix 3.3 - i upgraded to knoppix 3.4 and wlcardconfig + pump got my wireless up and running perfectly
Looks like 3.4 is a massive improvement in a lot of areas - great work!
regards
DaveUK
Hi I'm running the Knoppix from a cd (version 3.6), and it can't seem to load the D-Link DWL-G650 card.
I see above that you seemed to fix this problem, but I'm not really sure what parameters to pass to wlcardconfig to get the card working.
Are there any guides you can recomend or even a quick nublet guide
Thanks
antisense ^_^
could you please give a detailed explanation of the commands you used to get your wireless card working?
thanks

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Vintage Apple Assembly Line Newsletter Vol: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 From 1984
$179.99
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95
Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95
Apple PowerBook 3400c TFT LCD RARE Vintage Laptop untested
$139.99
Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00
Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99