I think this is because the kernel is compiled for Dual CPU systems. It will of course still work on single CPU's just as well. It's part of the linux kernel and more of a warning than an error. Nothing you can do about it, so just ignore it![]()
When I try to run Knoppix I get an error which says "Only One CPU Detected" Then nothing happens. I've tried turing things off, but still a no go.
How do I fix this?
I think this is because the kernel is compiled for Dual CPU systems. It will of course still work on single CPU's just as well. It's part of the linux kernel and more of a warning than an error. Nothing you can do about it, so just ignore it![]()
Not to mention how well it runs on my dual Celeron BP6...
Hey,Originally Posted by wxman
I have the same error on a AMD 1800+ but this error doesn't appear on my old Intel P200MMX.
![]()

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01