Try this shell script from http://kanotix.com/files/ for the cups (printer) issue (it is for both Kanotix and Knoppix as Kanotix is just a tuned Knoppix clone):
http://kanotix.com/files/fix-cups.sh
Hi
After testing while booting from CD, I put KNOPPIX on my HDD yesterday.
Since doing this I can not use the printer server (printer does work) and I can not use Samba anymore. Who can help me out of this problem?
Kind regards,
Colin Myerscough
Try this shell script from http://kanotix.com/files/ for the cups (printer) issue (it is for both Kanotix and Knoppix as Kanotix is just a tuned Knoppix clone):
http://kanotix.com/files/fix-cups.sh
Thank you very much, but it does not fix it.
I can still print from the KNOPPIX machine but I can not acces it via the network.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98