-
Junior Member
registered user
Installing my Printer
When I open the printer configuration a message appears "List of printers could not be transferred. Connection to CUPS Server didnt work. Please check if the CUPS Server is correctly installed and activated". I cant install any printer. What can i do ?
-
You can start CUPS with: /etc/init.d/cupsys start
If it works add it to startup with: update-rc.d cupsys defaults
-
Junior Member
registered user
After typing the command this message appears:
Starting printing system service: cupsdcupsd: Child exited with status 1!
But I still get the same error message when installing a printer
-
Hmm, something wrong with cups then. Do you get any errors with typing: cupsd
EDIT: You have to do these as root. So type first sudo su to become root in a shell, and exit from su with ctrl-d.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I get "child exited with Status 98!"
-
Starting to look like this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3592
How are you going about this? K-menu -> KNOPPIX -> Configure -> Configure Printers ?
Do you see any specific error messages with: cat /var/log/cups/error_log ?
Is cups running even though it supposedly exited: ps fax|grep cups
Which version of Knoppix do you have?
Sorry for just having questions instead of answers
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Markus
Yep, deja vu! I remember having trouble then. What I learned is that it sometimes matters how you configure printers in KDE. Don't know why. Before you go poking around with console commands as root, tell us specifically how you are getting there. Oftentimes, if I get there by K->KNOPPIX-> etc., it doesn't work for me. But if I start at the penguin icon instead, then go to Configure, then set up printers, it works fine. I know it shouldn't make a difference, but it does sometimes.
JD
Similar Threads
-
By satimis in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-18-2005, 11:39 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 05:24 PM
-
By ssnow in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-22-2003, 07:06 PM
-
By jackren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By jza in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$160.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99