Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: knx2hd install: what to expect?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10

    knx2hd install: what to expect?

    I've been reading through so many threads, but I haven't found one that tells you what to expect at each step of the install.
    I know what I want on my system, I want dual-boot WinXP and Knoppix, using Lilo on the Knoppix root partition, (so I can edit it and not mess up my winxp MBR).
    I also want Lilo on a Boot floppy. Actaully I am trying to follow the instructions at LWD's dual-boot instructions. They used Mandrake, and I had done that before (pretty easy) but I am having a little trouble tweaking it for a Knoppix install.
    Can anyone help me?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692
    I installed Mandrake that way, not Knoppix. I used a second HD, edited my BIOS to make it the primary boot drive, instead of the Windows drive, and installed Mandrake with Lilo on the new primary drive. That way, I never touched the C: drive or its MBR - the computer booted into the linux drive, and LILO asked which system I wanted to use. This was a little less than a year ago, I didn't really know what I was doing then, and I had some problems, but it did work. I read something here that gave me the idea.

Similar Threads

  1. Help on the knx2hd (install on HD)
    By dou01553 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:21 AM
  2. HDD install with KNX2HD and KNX-HDINSTALL easier than ever
    By godot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 03:15 PM
  3. What to expect in 2004
    By baldyeti in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:48 PM
  4. Changing server : expect downtime
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-12-2003, 12:09 AM
  5. remove all window manager expect KDE
    By ghai in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 06:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1... picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...

$324.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$248.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount picture

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount

$489.99



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99