I like Knoppix and would use it except for one problem. I cannot print with it. My hardware is an HP Pavilion zv5000 laptop with Athlon 64 chip, 512mb main memory, 60gb HDD, CD/DVD drive, etc., and Epson Stylus Photo R200 printer connected via USB. My problem is this: I seem to be able to set up the printer without problems, and the test page prints perfectly, but when trying to print something else, a letter in OO, for example, all I get at the printer is raw Postscript code. Apparently the code from the application is going directly to the printer rather than through the program that translates it to the codes the printer needs. Can someone with more knowledge of the internals of Linux tell me what's going on here?
BobI

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99