-
Please Help:Install problem - Uncompressing Linux, CRC Error
Wondered if you someone might be able to help.
I am completely new to Linux and after failing miserably to install Mandrake 9.1 and Redhat I decided to try what I thought would be the more straightforward route of Knoppix. However my laptop (Hi-Grade Notino AS6000 laptop 6GB, PII/300, 144MB) gives me a very similar message in all three cases.
from the boot: prompt in Knoppix I have used “failsafe” to which I get the following messages…
Loading vmlinuz…
Loading miniroot.gz…..
Ready
Uncompressing Linux…
crc error
System halted
The last three lines are identical in each of the three Linux builds.
I have experimented with some of the hardware related install switches but all to no avail.
Similar Threads
-
By HONK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 07:45 PM
-
By Nantuko Shade in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-05-2005, 12:00 PM
-
By brycen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By bbouton in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By Liquid in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 11-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

Lot 14 Vintage ISA VGA Video Cards Trident CHIPS UMC 8-Bit 16-Bit 286 386 486
$199.95

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89