-
Senior Member
registered user
ThinkPad 600e Sound
My new old refugee laptop IBM Thinkpad 600e has the typical sound issues.
I've tried the various suggestions in this forum and several sites on getting this configured, but no joy.
Most seem to be using different ports and IRQ's than what wimpdoze is showing as active in the config.
Before I blast the wimpdoze partition for a HD install I want to get the sound to work.
wimpdoze shows the following:
CS PCI Audio
IRQ 11
Memory 50100000 - 50100FFF
Memory 50000000 - 500FFFFF
WDM Audio Codecs
Input/Ouput 0530-0537
0388-038B
0220-0233
IRQ 5
DMA 01
DMA 00
WDM Audio Code Reg
Input/Output 0538-053F
WDM MPU-401
IRQ 10
Input/Output 0300-0303
Based on the forum(s) this stuff needs to be plugged into:
modprobe cs4232 io=? irq=? dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=? mpuirq=? synthirq=? synthio=-1
modprobe opl3 io=?
Some guesses on this it should be:
modprobe cs4232 io=0x530 irq=11 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x300 mpuirq=10 synthirq=-1 synthio=-1
modprobe opl3 io=0x538
I've not had any success in getting this to work, just silence.
Thanks.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well this is how I got the sound to work on my Thinkpad 600E.
Open a shell and logon as root and type
insmod sound
insmod ad1848
insmod uart401
insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2-0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
this will load the correct drivers, however you will have to enter this everytime you reboot so if anyone out there has a script that will run these commands on boot I would appreciate hearing from you.
Update: I finally got the mods above to load at boot what I did was create a file with the above commands and saved it as cs4232 in the /etc folder and made it executable.
Then cd to /etc/rc5.d and ran
ln -s /etc/cs4232 S98cs4232
this created the symlink and I then rebooted the laptop and sound loaded on start.
-
works great for me.
thanks
-
HI all
Hi have tried this commands on my laptop ,but with no sucess, I have also entered them with different IRQ, but no sucess , not even with OSS Software I have any sucess.
Could anyone give me some advice
Thks
-
Knoppix 3.8 not work
When i type as root:
#insmod sound
insmod:cant read sound : No such file or directory
#insmod ad1848
insmod:cant read sound : No such file or directory
i#nsmod uart401
insmod:cant read sound : No such file or directory
#insmod cs.....
insmod:cant read sound : No such file or directory
What can I do???
-
Sound on THinkpad 600E
Can anybody give me any assistance in getting sound to work on my thinkpad 600E? I followed the instructions above but I keep getting the folllowing error messages:
root@tp600e:/home/tunde# insmod sound
insmod: can't read 'sound': No such file or directory
root@tp600e:/home/tunde# insmod ad1848
insmod: can't read 'ad1848': No such file or directory
root@tp600e:/home/tunde# insmod uart401
insmod: can't read 'uart401': No such file or directory
root@tp600e:/home/tunde# insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2-0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
insmod: can't read 'cs4232': No such file or directory
root@tp600e:/home/tunde# insmod sound
insmod: can't read 'sound': No such file or directory
any help appreciated.
-
Thanks everybody. I have somehow made it work. The process I used is at
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...92#post1691592
basically u need to turn off quick boot in the bios. and run alsaconf. Some other steps are outlined there. If its not too clear to anyone be glad to help
Similar Threads
-
By rwcitek in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By iansoutar in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By kevin05jan in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 05:44 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:08 AM
-
By fred7 in forum Laptops
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97