I just looked at the 'PR' line, both ogg123 processes are in the high teens. I guess this is not my problem afterall !
Out of curiosity, what is oop123 ...
Dave
Hello,
I have burnt a CD for 3.4 2004-05-17, it boots up till the start of X OK then becomes real slow to boot KDE, ctrl-alt-f2 & top reveal that two instances of ogg123 are using about 40% of CPU time for each one![]()
killall ogg123 had no effect so I used the sledgehammer ...
killall -9 ogg123 .. a couple of times
This killed ogg123 & amazingly KDE proceeded to boot at a vastly increased rate![]()
I have run knoppix checkcd ... it reports AOK
I have reloaded knoppix (Thank god for broadband) checked its md5sum, re-burnt a CD but the same problem persists.
Is this a bug or have I missed something dumb ?
Cheers
Dave
PS knoppix rocks![]()
I just looked at the 'PR' line, both ogg123 processes are in the high teens. I guess this is not my problem afterall !
Out of curiosity, what is oop123 ...
Dave

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung Galaxy Book2 360 (NP730QED-KA1US) **Broken Screen**
$225.00
Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99
RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99
RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99
Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH-1800 7" 4GB Wi-Fi + Verizon Tablet Working
$30.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00