I just looked at the 'PR' line, both ogg123 processes are in the high teens. I guess this is not my problem afterall !
Out of curiosity, what is oop123 ...
Dave
Hello,
I have burnt a CD for 3.4 2004-05-17, it boots up till the start of X OK then becomes real slow to boot KDE, ctrl-alt-f2 & top reveal that two instances of ogg123 are using about 40% of CPU time for each one![]()
killall ogg123 had no effect so I used the sledgehammer ...
killall -9 ogg123 .. a couple of times
This killed ogg123 & amazingly KDE proceeded to boot at a vastly increased rate![]()
I have run knoppix checkcd ... it reports AOK
I have reloaded knoppix (Thank god for broadband) checked its md5sum, re-burnt a CD but the same problem persists.
Is this a bug or have I missed something dumb ?
Cheers
Dave
PS knoppix rocks![]()
I just looked at the 'PR' line, both ogg123 processes are in the high teens. I guess this is not my problem afterall !
Out of curiosity, what is oop123 ...
Dave

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99