I just looked at the 'PR' line, both ogg123 processes are in the high teens. I guess this is not my problem afterall !
Out of curiosity, what is oop123 ...
Dave
Hello,
I have burnt a CD for 3.4 2004-05-17, it boots up till the start of X OK then becomes real slow to boot KDE, ctrl-alt-f2 & top reveal that two instances of ogg123 are using about 40% of CPU time for each one![]()
killall ogg123 had no effect so I used the sledgehammer ...
killall -9 ogg123 .. a couple of times
This killed ogg123 & amazingly KDE proceeded to boot at a vastly increased rate![]()
I have run knoppix checkcd ... it reports AOK
I have reloaded knoppix (Thank god for broadband) checked its md5sum, re-burnt a CD but the same problem persists.
Is this a bug or have I missed something dumb ?
Cheers
Dave
PS knoppix rocks![]()
I just looked at the 'PR' line, both ogg123 processes are in the high teens. I guess this is not my problem afterall !
Out of curiosity, what is oop123 ...
Dave

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$610.00
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$248.00
TWO (2) Firewalla Gold Pro Devices - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$1111.00
Protectli Vault FW4C-0-8-120 - 4 port, Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 128GB
$180.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00