-
2.6 kernel breaks Samba
In Knoppix, whenever I browse the network using LinNeighborhood with the 2.4 kernel, everything works fine, but when I try using 2.6, none of the shares appear. Some background info: my NIC uses the 8139too driver. I have a MEPIS hdinstall on my computer, and ever since I tried installing a 2.6 kernel, I have to manually modprobe 8139too each time I start up. Also, Samba browsing doesn't work there either. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By Indig0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:50 PM
-
By sgtdawg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 09:31 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
-
By DBaston in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:59 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99