Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Help on the knx2hd

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4

    Help on the knx2hd

    It works fine when I run from the CD.

    Now I try to install on harddrive. It doesn't work.

    First question, in the knx2hd config menu, how do I select? It seems, the one gets selected has a "X". I can move to the one I want, but I cannot put a "X" there.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4
    A little bit more detail, when I try to select the following,

    # debian-like system (old installer way)
    # specify on which partition you intend to install Knoppix
    # specify the root password and hostname of the machine
    # specify where you wish to install the boot loader

    how do I select? It seems, the one gets selected has a "X". I can move to the one I want, but I cannot put a "X" there.

    The problem is that I cannot put a X in the front of my HD partition, so I always get a Hard Drive error.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    I just did this real early this morning, hitting the SPACE bar put an X where I wanted it.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    4
    "The space" works. Thanks.

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10
    What exactly is a "# debian-like system (old installer way)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by linda
    What exactly is a "# debian-like system (old installer way)
    It is like the install you got with the older knx-hdinstall script. This basically give you a debian install. If you want control over your system, this or the beginner install are what you should use. The beginner install is basically just a debian-like install with extra hardware detection from what I understand.

Similar Threads

  1. knx2hd issu
    By franz29 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:18 PM
  2. knx2hd don't support ex2 ?
    By metavoid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 09:45 AM
  3. lilo to MBR and not showing up after knx2hd
    By ldp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 08:21 AM
  4. Help on the knx2hd (install on HD)
    By dou01553 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:21 AM
  5. knx2hd install: what to expect?
    By linda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 06:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP,  (6 CDS) picture

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)

$10.00



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$34.01