Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: MN-520 network adapter (M$) - prism_cs not found by modprobe

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    692

    MN-520 network adapter (M$) - prism_cs not found by modprobe

    [Recently edited]
    I'm trying to set up the Microsoft MN-520 PCMCIA adapter on a Sony VAIO PCG-FXA47 notebook, running Knoppix 2004-05-17 3.4, 2.6 kernel, live CD with persistent home and saved config both on a USB thumbdrive.
    My computer boots around this card, but when the modprobe looks for prism2_cs, I get a FATAL message, saying that module prism2_cs is not found, exits with a status 1, but continues booting. Then it says something about module /lib/modules/2.6.6/pcmcia/prism2_cs.o not available, and bind prism2_cs to socket 1 failed : invalid argument.

    I figured out that it has something to do with the script being written prior to version 3.4, and when 3.4 was released with two different kernels, the file structure changed just enough to make things go wonky.

    I'm new to wlan - I don't even have a base station, but I wanted to have wlan access on vacation at various hotspots.

    [EDIT]I figured out that the reason it can't find /lib/modules/2.6.6/pcmcia/prism2_cs.o is because IT AIN'T FLIPPIN' THERE!! IT'S IN /lib/modules/2.4.26/pcmcia/prism2_cs.o !!!!! I KNEW I was on to something with this kernel deal!!! Sure enough, when I booted in the 2.4.26 kernel, it found that file and installed it (heard beeps too), but there was some other configuration problem.

    PLEASE!!! I found the problem - I just don't have the skills to fix it!![/edit]

    Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. TIA,

    JD

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2
    /bump

    I have the same problem on a Persario 2100 with an SMC Elite Connect card.

    prism2_cs not found

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    7

    mn-520

    wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable

    that will activate the card and you should be able to see, If you have WEP enable you have to type 3 more commands.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
  2. Wireless USB Network Adapter Problems....
    By haYnguy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2004, 04:19 AM
  3. No WLAN adapter found (ipw2100)
    By ziginet in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
  4. Asus A7V8X network adapter not working
    By cybervet in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-01-2003, 12:08 PM
  5. 3C509 network-adapter not supported?
    By Hermanh in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-25-2003, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1769.85



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000 picture

HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000

$599.99



Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$465.02



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98