I've just intalled Knoppix onto harddisk. I'm creating new users and wanting to set permissions to access the hard drives, and I can't find how. Please Help!
I've just intalled Knoppix onto harddisk. I'm creating new users and wanting to set permissions to access the hard drives, and I can't find how. Please Help!
edit your /etc/fstab file to mount the drives so that users can have appropriate permissions, something like this:
/dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 vfat umask=022,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,users 0 0
/dev/hda5 /mnt/hda5 ext3 auto,exec,users 0 0
/dev/hda7 /mnt/hda7 vfat umask=000,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,users 0 0
umask=022 gives read only to eveybody
umask=000 gives read/write to everybody
see man fstab for more details.
Thanks, it's working now.

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell M620 Blade Server Intel Xeon 2x E5-2665 @2.40GHz No HDD and No Ram QTY
$99.95
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Datto S3P6000 4x 3.5" 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-1541 @2.10GHz 48GB DDR4
$154.76
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08