Hello there,
I'am trying to make my own Linux Bootable CD similar to Knoppix if anyone know where can I get a source code used for Knoppix automatic hardware detection or any online literature,FAQs and any materials on this topic.
Cheers
Nikolay
why yet another such effort? Why not just use existing livecd sollutions and adopt those.
Maybe you'd like to also check out morphix for example as it has a bit different approach from knoppix.
Thanks.
Would be easier maybe but as iam doing it as my final year project, I need to create Bootable Linux CD Distribution branded for my course.
So must be my effort. As the best distribution which i seen by this day was Knopix trying to work from it. Trying to search for as much information as possible.
Haven't seen morphix yet gonna check it later on today.
Cheers
Nikolay
Dear Mr. Nikolay,
I also interesting to find out exactly the way that knoppix doing the auto-hardware detection, so in case you find out these infos please send also to me.
Best Regards
Mike Kranidis
Allright as soon as I find it out I'll pass it to you.
Best Wishes
Nikolay

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core 4750U 1.70 GHz 512 GB SSD 16 GB RAM Win11Pro
$240.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
HP Pavilion Laptop Computer 15.6 8-Core Intel i3 8GB RAM 628GB Storage, Open Box
$299.00
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$189.99
Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD
$179.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98