-
knoppix software stays installed??
k just a quick question.. I was wondering about this knoppix thing if I install a program then save my configuration to HD then reboot.. does the program stay installed?? or how do I keep it installed?? Like if I install sim how do I keep it installed for next time so I don't have to reinstall again..
-
Senior Member
registered user
Saved configuration does not keep installed programs. Persistent home directory does, provided that you install to your PH, or a subdirectory. Not sure what sim is, but if you create a persistent home, whatever you install at /home/knoppix/ stays there. For example, I could install Firefox at /home/knoppix/firefox/.
Do a search for klik on this forum. Many packages are available for download automatically to your PH.
One last thing, when you create your PH (penguin icon ->Configure ->Create persisten home), you create it, then reboot with a cheatcode (e.g., knoppix26 home=scan), THEN, you start saving stuff to it. That's not clear in the directions, but that's how it's done.
HTH,
JD
-
Thanks
Thank You, for your help.. It worked for me..
Similar Threads
-
By sakuragi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-11-2005, 07:42 PM
-
By jMon54 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-18-2004, 02:13 AM
-
By scruffyeagle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-22-2004, 11:20 PM
-
By awreneau in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 06:33 AM
-
By tweety77 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99