Are you soing this from GUI or text mode? I had some problems recently w/ the text mode installer.
Also, did you check the md5sum of the cd before you burned it? Check the dics w/ the testcd cheat code.
I have attempted to install Knoppix 3.4 to my hard drive using sudo Knoppix-installer. However, when I do I get the following messages in a loop: check_partition_ok: command not found, msgbox: command not found, menu_part: command not found. Any ideas what would cause this?
Are you soing this from GUI or text mode? I had some problems recently w/ the text mode installer.
Also, did you check the md5sum of the cd before you burned it? Check the dics w/ the testcd cheat code.
I did ctl, alt, f1 to get a root prompt. I did not burn the cd myself. Ordered it from FreeCDR.
OK boot like so:
knoppix testcd
It should return 'Eveything looks OK' or somesuch. If not I'd send it back.
I recently had a problem w/ the text-mode installer. Dunno why. Try running it from within the GUI

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
Supermicro Superserver CSE-836 Xeon E5-2609 v4 1.7GHz No RAM No Drives No OS
$249.98
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
SUPERMICRO CSE-836 XEON E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$299.99
HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99