I recently purchased a dell 1801 FP monitor and would like to do a knoppix hd install but i can't get X to show up.
I know i have to use cheat codes to change the resolution and refresh rate but i can't figure out which ones. HELP THE NEWBIE !![]()
I recently purchased a dell 1801 FP monitor and would like to do a knoppix hd install but i can't get X to show up.
I know i have to use cheat codes to change the resolution and refresh rate but i can't figure out which ones. HELP THE NEWBIE !![]()
You are probably using the DVI input to the monitor.Originally Posted by c01100011
Try fb1280x1024 vsync=60.
Then do the hdd install and the cheat will carry over.
thanks for responding , but i figured it with a last attempt of ENTERING EVERY CHEAT CODE THERE IS haha i don't know what excatly helped but some were between the nv drivers hsyn=60 vsync=60 xfree86 fb1280x1024 screen=1280x1024 lang=us something did it and i got it working haha , thanks anyway
Great! I have the 1702FP and it was driving me nuts using analog again. But I stumbled across an article with the cheat code, and I am all digital again.Originally Posted by c01100011
Now, I only wish I could figure out how to get DVI to work with Mandrake 10.0

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1785.15
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Western Digital WD11PURZ 1TB Internal Surveillance Hard Drive Purple, SATA
$102.50
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$475.60
1 lot of (17) Samsung PM981a 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe Internal SSD MZVLB1T0HBLR-000L2
$1500.00
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Samsung 870 EVO 1TB SATA III 2.5" Internal SSD V-NAND - MZ-77E1T0
$120.00