-
Black Screen During Hdd Install
I am trying to set Knoppix up on my second hard drive. I first created a partition that is FAT32 with Partition Magic. Later, within cfdisk, I am able to select this partition and I am able to configure the root and the swap, (5 gigs for root, 500 MB for swap - my memory is 256 MB).
I set up my partitions and get to the point where it says, "this will take 10 to 40 minutes". It installs to about 60% and then the screen goes black and the hard drive stops and nothing happens - just the black screen. I have tried this install procedure with cheatcodes and without - same results.
Version is 3.3.
Suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By vinraec in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By mperry2014 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:58 AM
-
By HouseOfPancakes in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 01:30 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 06:00 AM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99