-
How to make Epson 740i printer work in Knoppix 3.4 (hd-inst)
I have the Epson 740i printer, running on Knoppix 3.4, 2.6 kernel, installed on hard drive.I have followed theinstructions from LinuxPrinting.org, as best I knew how, to no avail. The printer appears to be set up properly when I open the KDE printer configuration program, says it is "idle, accepting jobs," but will not print out a test page no matter which driver I specify, and when I try to print anything, it goes through all the motions on the screen, but the printer never responds in the slightest. Yes it is turned on, yes the USB cable is attached properly, yes it is a good cable, it works fine in windows 98.
Any further ideas anybody? Thanks in advance! This forum is a blessing!
Similar Threads
-
By Dennis in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:46 PM
-
By barci in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2005, 04:50 PM
-
By Nadrach in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-13-2004, 10:41 AM
-
By lunatika in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:33 PM
-
By chada in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD
$124.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$249.99