I have the Epson 740i printer, running on Knoppix 3.4, 2.6 kernel, installed on hard drive.I have followed theinstructions from LinuxPrinting.org, as best I knew how, to no avail. The printer appears to be set up properly when I open the KDE printer configuration program, says it is "idle, accepting jobs," but will not print out a test page no matter which driver I specify, and when I try to print anything, it goes through all the motions on the screen, but the printer never responds in the slightest. Yes it is turned on, yes the USB cable is attached properly, yes it is a good cable, it works fine in windows 98.
Any further ideas anybody? Thanks in advance! This forum is a blessing!

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 5 14ITL05 Laptop 14" Intel i5-1135G7 8GB RAM 512GB SSD
$259.00
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1539.00
Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 1 i5-10310U 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$222.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99