I have the Epson 740i printer, running on Knoppix 3.4, 2.6 kernel, installed on hard drive.I have followed theinstructions from LinuxPrinting.org, as best I knew how, to no avail. The printer appears to be set up properly when I open the KDE printer configuration program, says it is "idle, accepting jobs," but will not print out a test page no matter which driver I specify, and when I try to print anything, it goes through all the motions on the screen, but the printer never responds in the slightest. Yes it is turned on, yes the USB cable is attached properly, yes it is a good cable, it works fine in windows 98.
Any further ideas anybody? Thanks in advance! This forum is a blessing!

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$385.00
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99