-
Knoppix / Damn Small Linux PCMCIA network card question.
I know this isn't the place to be asking questions about DSL, but I can't find help anywhere else, and since DSL is really Knoppix, I thought I'd give it a shot:
I'm trying to run DSL on an old laptop (P150 / 32MB), but it won't recognize the Netgear 410 PCMCIA>ethernet card.
When I try to boot Knoppix in the same machine, just to see the hardware detection, it seems to find the card, but of course I can't finish the boot.
So my question is: If Knoppix has a driver for this card (I can't tell if it'd work under Knoppix due to the RAM limitation), is it possible to copy that driver into DSL so that as it's booting, it'll see the card and install it properly?
If so, where in knoppix would I look, and where would I paste the file?
Thank you o-mighty guru's of Linux. I eagerly await your replies
Similar Threads
-
By fatso in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM
-
By yuhnstuff in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 01:18 PM
-
By TyphoonMentat in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:24 AM
-
By firepunk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 04:40 AM
-
By Leg0z in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)
$150.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00