-
Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or home
I have noticed that knoppix always overwrites the standard desktop icons on startup. I have setup a box for a friend who is a very novice in Linux. So I deleted some unneded desktop icons and renamed partition and drive icons. After a reboot with "home=scan and myconf=scan" these settings were overwritten with the old settings and the deleted icons were on the desktop again. I think it would be good to have an option to keep all desktop settings. For example a boot manager option or to skip the desktop icon creation on startup when the option myconf is present.
-
Re: Customized desktop should be restored with myconf or hom
I've been having the same problem. I wasn't sure of the correct way of modifying it. However, I found the script that does it -- /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons, and replacing it with an empty script works.
I also found two scripts that calls it: /etc/init.d/knoppix-hd-autoconfig and /etc/hotplug.d/ieee1394/rescan-scsi-bus.sh
Similar Threads
-
By ioclaudio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-27-2005, 11:24 AM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
Replies: 16
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
-
By semolina in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By Darkehorse in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 14
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
-
By archtron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-19-2003, 05:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB 3.5" SAS ST4000NM0025
$22.00

WD Red 2TB SATA NAS 3.5" HDD WD20EFRX - SMART TESTED, WIPED
$68.00

Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99

Dell Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200 RPM 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$39.99

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

Seagate Exos X16 16TB ST16000NM001G 7200RPM Enterprise HDD*USED GREAT CONDITION*
$319.79

HITACHI ULTRASTAR 2TB 7.2K 6G 3.5INCH SATA HDD HUS724020ALA640 | TESTED WIPED
$34.95

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$69.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99